EDK82117 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf 109G-4
- Customer Reviews
The Bf109G was similar to the F but it introduced the DB605 inverted V-12 engine, which was more powerful than the earlier DB601, with more development potential. The main early versions were the G-2 and G-4, which had a 20mm cannon and two 7.92mm machine guns in the nose. The G-5 and G-6 had the machine guns replaced by 13mm heavy machine guns, which needed bulges on top of the cowling to accomodate the larger breech blocks. The G-1 was the first G model in service in early 1942 and the soon G-2 followed a few months later. The G-2 would have been the main version in service in 1942 as the G-4 didn't appear until towards the end of 1942 and was the main production version until the G-6 was introduced in February 1943. The G-4 featured a much improved radio compared to the G-2.
Please note that this is Eduard's new tool kit of the Bf109G-4 and contains Colour Zoom etch metal parts, Canopy/wheel mask, 5 different marking options (for a G-4, G-4/R6 and G-4 Trop) as well as the plastic parts. Marking options are for Luftwaffe, as well as a Romanian and Italian aircraft.