The Avia B-354 was an agile bi-plane that first flew in 1935. At the time it was one of the best fighters in the world but it was soon outclassed by the likes of the Bf109, Hurricane and Spitfire. It was used during WW2 by the various Axis powers as a fighter and in other roles such as advanced trainer. It was also used against the Germans by the Bulgarians (after they changed sides) and during the Slovak uprising against the Germans. The German fighter pilots knew not to dogfight the more agile B-354. The BK.534 differed from the late versions of the B.534 by having a 20mm oerlikon cannon mounted in the engine block, firing through the propeller spinner. Not many were made and nearly all went to the Luftwaffe, including ones used for testing naval equipment like arrestor hooks.
This is Eduard's Avia BK.534 1/72 Weekend kit and it looks very nice. The model features fine engraved panel lines and is very crisp and cleanly moulded and has decals for 2 Luftwaffe aircraft.